Property portals are crammed with homes for sale, so how do you make sure your online advert stands out and makes buyers want to view?
You’ve got to grab their attention so they stop scrolling and click on your headline listing to find out more. Then you’ve got to tell them enough about your home to whet their appetite and get them picking up the phone to your agent.
Here are our top tips for creating an eye-catching listing that leaves buyers excited about seeing the real thing:
Photos are one of your biggest selling points, so make sure your agent uses a professional photographer who knows how to get the right mix of everyday and lifestyle shots that are beautifully lit and taken from the most flattering angles. You need:
- A striking shot of the front of your home for the main image
- Exterior shots taken at twilight – with all the interior lights on – it creates a stunning effect
- 6–10 other shots of the interior, garden and any outstanding views.
Eye-catching headline information
Make sure your location, price and number of bedrooms are accurate, as they’re key to buyers’ search terms. Then your listing should have:
- An enticing headline summary of your home, highlighting its best features in a way that will appeal to your target buyers
- Between six and ten bullets that ‘snapshot’ the key selling points of your home – give buyers good reasons to book a viewing.
Clear, concise details
Remember, you’re just trying to get buyers interested enough to book a viewing, not drown them in too much detail. Focus on the key selling points, and for each room, give:
- The dimensions
- A brief but engaging description of the room and any outstanding details – e.g. design or tech features, or a fabulous view – perhaps highlighting something that the photographs don’t show
- Fixtures that will be included in the sale – including recognisable brand names and if anything’s been recently refitted.
This is really important to help buyers judge whether the layout could work for them. Make sure:
- The image opens at a decent size online
- There’s a compass rose that clearly shows the south-facing aspect
- You’ve got the total square footage.
If your home’s not selling…
Sometimes homes just take a little longer to sell. That can be for a variety of reasons, but your agent should be making sure your listing stays fresh by periodically:
- Updating the headline text
- Changing the main image to a different shot
- Switching around or re-wording the headline bullet points that describe your home’s best features.
If your home’s not getting the interest it deserves and you think you might need a new approach, give us a call on 01234 290685 or email email@example.com We’ll be happy to review your current marketing and recommend the changes that we think could help you achieve a successful sale.